Thursday, August 21, 2008

So... How big *is* a T-Rex skull??

When I told you I had no idea how much you would need to enlarge my T-Rex Trophy head to make it lifesized, I could have easily found out of course: that info is all over the net.

Like on the website of the Field Museum in Chicago, where they have the largest, most complete and best preserved T-Rex skeleton in their collection: "Sue".

At their site, they have an interactive section where you can measure the T-Rex skeleton. It turns out that the skull is just about 5 feet (over 1.5 meters) long, and the templates I provided on my website will let you build a model of about 10.5 cm (4 inches) long from the back of the head to the tip of the nose.
So now you can calculate how much you would need to scale it up for a lifesized version.

I think the biggest problem will be to find a large enough printer to print the parts... ;o)

greetz ninjatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment